Your home is your castle. If you are thinking about what you can to do make your home more livable or how you can increase its value, it may be time for some home improvement.
These home improvement projects do not have to be extensive or expensive. There are some simple things you can do to make your castle even better. Here are 10 cool ideas to get you started.
1. Paint a room. There is no simpler home improvement project than a fresh coat of paint. If you are tired of staring at the same old walls, give those walls new life with a fresh coat of paint.
2. Organize your closet. Now is the perfect time to tackle your closet chaos. If your favorite clothes are having trouble finding a home, a little closet organization can go a long way.
3. Repurpose an old piece of furniture. If you have old pieces of furniture hanging around your home, you do not have to throw them away. Just give those old pieces a new lease on life with some strategic repurposing. That old desk could be turned into a smart looking entertainment center, and an old table could find new life as a budget-friendly kitchen island.
4. Install a stair runner. Slippery stairs could cause a serious fall, so installing a stair runner will be good for your safety and your peace of mind. You can install a simple stair runner in less than an hour, so you will never have to worry about slipping on the stairs again.
5. Upgrade your lighting. Now is a great time to install those new LED light bulbs or put a new spotlight by the front door. Upgrading your lighting will be good for your home’s curb appeal and even its future resale value.
6. Give your cabinets a lift with some new hardware. You do not have to spend a fortune on new cabinets to make your home look great. You will be surprised at the difference a new set of handles and drawer pulls can make.
7. Ditch the bottled water habit with a faucet filter. If you are tired of lugging heavy water bottles and paying for the privilege, installing a filtration system can save you time and money. You can install these simple filters on your own; no plumber needed.
8. Add some insulation. If you are tired of high heating and cooling bills, add some insulation to your home. The insulation can reduce your costs and keep paying dividends month after month.
9. Make a wreath for your front door. If a new front door is not in the budget, try spicing it up with a homemade wreath. You can make an assortment of seasonal and holiday-themed wreaths and give your home a fresh look all year long.
10. Add some storage. If clutter has taken over your home, adding some storage could solve your dilemma. Whether you install shelving in the bathroom, line the garage with pegboards or add under-bed storage to the bedroom, you will have more space for all your treasures.
Now as you get free time, you can spend those extra hours tackling the home improvement projects you have been putting off. The 10 simple home improvement projects listed above can give your home a whole new look and give you something exciting to do.